Sunday, March 26, 2006

Photography Reloaded

It's been some time since I've put my camera to good use. There sure was a multitude of reasons for that but that's not important. What's important is that I wanna practise more. So over the last few days I've been trying to get back in the game and this post is to immortalize some of the photos that came out better than my usual mediocrity as well as motivate me to go out and shoot more photos more often.

Click on any of the photos for a slightly larger version.



A shopping area at Whistler, BC, Canada


On top of one mountain at Whistler, BC, you've guessed it, Canada


Some random spot on the way from here to Canada.


Bon jovi concert, Seattle.


Alki beach, Seattle.

Alki beach, Seattle.

Again Alki beach, one of my first pan shots. Not the best, but at least I'm trying :)

6 comments:

The Eyewitness said...

Nice photos Chris, especially the pan one. Which gear are you using?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I specially liked the little boy in the gray photo... cool

btw, the first photo, there's some ghosts appearing there, right? :)
Or maybe it's time to get some sleep !

Christian said...

Thanks guys.
As for the gear it's nothing much just a Canon S2 IS.
Hopefully one day soon (read in a few months) I will upgrade to an EOS-350D, still budgeting for that.
Or maybe someone would like to get it for me on my birthday? Didn't think so :)

Anonymous said...

nice shots v0od0o... I really like your bon jove and panning one, which is a skill I have yet to learn... when I get some free time, I definetly will :D

The Duke of Darkness said...

There's indeed some bluish ghosts in the first photo. I like that one alot. Blue and BLack. Simply Majestic

The BOn Jovi one is nice as well

Christian said...

@duke Yeah the ghosts are people moving, if I remember correctly I had to use a shutter speed of around 10 seconds for that one and hence the moving ghosts :) Actually I wish there was more people so that the photo would convey more motion and action but it was very late at night, for Canadians anyway :)

The bon jovi one was a pain in the a** to take. I had to adjust everything manually and took around 10 to come up with a good one because at any moment the lights would change and he would move frantically around.

@Andi, you have to try the panning when you have some time, just go somewhere with some action. I'm still learning myself :)

Thanks guys!