Monday, September 04, 2006

Memories

They're weird. You'd think it's a good thing to have so many good memories with people you've known. But you look at the photos and remember the silly stuff. They might make you giggle for a bit but it feels bitter sweet and before you know it you're all nostalgic. They really don't make you feel any better. If anything they make you feel worse.

Would we be better off with a selective memory where we would just keep the stuff we need for things like 'burning stuff hurt don't touch it again'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more!

Being out of my homeland for a while now, even the smallest thing I remember gives me some real hard time.

I know I'm getting nosy here, but everyone who's been to US feels the same after a while. Are you missing Egypt?

Anonymous said...

you dont even know how much i miss you chris! sometimes i wonder if we will ever gonna meet again in future... wish to, even though i know its like almost impossible :/ tc cookie :* ps. hope you will remember me anyway ;)

Tiny said...

No Christo.. a good memory that keeps every bit of detail and every situation, word or laugh is a blessing!:) It's just happier to have a good life to look back upon.
But, I wouldn't claim to know how you feel because you have an element of homesickness to those memories. This definetly hurts, but it's all good.It's like a gentle tug to remind us how much we love the people in our lives, or 'loved' those who passed by :)

I can't believe it's almost a year...

Anonymous said...

You are right.
Sometimes I wonder whether I would have been happier if I never look back.
Memories can cause pain.
I also wish I could have selective memory to erase things and people who make me feel sad.
Live your present & forget everything about memories.

Anonymous said...

Well, I live in the US, and I'm the kind that easily feels nostalgic and homesick, but still I'd much rather keep my memories. They give a warmth to my life and a certain depth of feeling that, in my opinion, would not be possible otherwise.

This reminds me a lot of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" :)