Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Conversations

I find it fairly interesting that the level of any conversation I'm in depends heavily on the participant.
I find myself talking fairly trivial stuff with some people, and highly abstract and/or philosophical subjects with others.
Everyone else is probably like that, it's not like a special ability of mine.

So this lame excuse for a post is a snippet of a conversation held with one of my dear and highly respected friends a few days ago. C is my humble self.


C: The recurring "so what really is the point?" question strikes every now and then
D: Oh, that question :D
C: Any significant amount of happiness is followed by a similar in quantity opposite in direction amount of unhappiness.
D: Yeah i know all about it.
C: You can't win.
C: and you know a million others would kill for what you have
C: but you know better, because one day _you_ would've killed for what you currently have
C: and now you'd kill for what somebody else has
C: and they would kill for what somebody else has
C: and on top of the pyramid there are thsoe who would kill for what nobody else has
D: :D
D: well am going through a similar phase myself and it's hard I know
D: and harder i guess when you are away

C: is that what they call growing up or something?
D: exactly
D: that line from queen "no one ever told the truth to me about growing up and what a struggle it can be" has never been so relevant

C: and i dunno why life has this annoying habit
C: of giving me a taste of what i want, and then just when I start thinking about how great it is and how I would happily give up other stuff to keep it
C: takes it away
C: i swear i could see somebody sticking their tongue out every time this happens
C: because somebody out there apparently thinks that having everything one wants is too much

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that Conversation !!:)