Thursday, May 05, 2005

Always no bunny at all

It's been too long since I last posted an update so it's about time I guess.

Lots of things happened, but I don't think there was anything significant among all those things. I apologize in advance for a boring post :)

Easter came at May 1st this year, which happened to be my birthday too. I don't particularly like it when my birthday comes with yet another occasion, it kinda "steals my thunder", if you're a Friends-watching fellow you'll understand what that means. And it's not like Labor's day was not enough (Labor's day is celebrated May 1st too around here)
So anyway, had some fun during easter vacation, went out a lot, saw lots of friends. It was all good.

But the coolest thing happened when I got back to work, my lovely Nag and the infinitely good hearted Sherif (friends of mine) had gotten me a digital photography book as a birthday present. It was a very cool surprise and a very well chosen present as well.

On the things-at-work front, I've been asked to commit to 6 day weeks for the next 2 months. It was hard for me to do that but then I thought I was doing it anyway so it might as well be official. So I agreed to it, even though these few months are all that's left for me in my home country among my family and friends. Only God knows if I can ever have 2 months in Egypt ever again. I hope I made the right decision.

And also at work, our indoor gym was finally opened. There are not that much equipment in there but what is in there is apparently of high quality and it ought to be sufficient for someone like me who'd never worked out for more than 1 month, at least for the time being. I began working out there today and my target is to do 3 times a week regularly till my relocation time comes. I even made a bet with a friend of mine that by July I will look different. We'll see about that. (stop the laughing please)

So that's a brief summary of my life for the past 2 weeks. Will be back with some more banana world stuff soon hopefully.

Oh and I almost forgot, the title is again from a Friends quote. For you who didn't watch the sitcom (the best ever btw) It was a costume party and Monica (Chandler's wife) got Chandler a pink bunny costume. Of course everyone made fun of him wearing it and he blamed it on Monica, Monica explained by saying it was the only bunny costume she'd found saying "It was either a pink bunny or no bunny at all", Chandler screamed back "No bunny at all, ALWAYS no bunny at all". It sprung to mind as an Eastery title :)

Later

3 comments:

Nag said...

LOL... actually when i read the title i remembered something.. I was going to get you a chocolate Easter bunny and it will be CHOCOLATE after all (i've been teasing u during ur fast with chocolates ;)) Anyway, the thing is, i got you-know-who a chocolate bunny and when i told him am thinking of getting u one like it, he wasnt very thrilled.. (i wonder why! *rolling eyes* ;)) fa no bunny for you indeed! :)

expect a post from me today ba2a walla 7aga..

Nag said...

and btw, i started working out too ;)

Christian said...

:@
You should have gotten me the bunny first before you-know-who :Pp or at least keep it to yourself till you've actually gotten me one.

So now not only do I get less of you but I also get less chocolate because of you-know-who. I'd be very pissed off by now if I didn't actually like the guy :P