Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Photography

I have been interested in photography for a long time, and even though I am not to be called a professional in anyway, I try and learn using the camera.

I do not currently own a digital camera, but I was lucky enough to have my friend Karim lend me his Canon Powershot G5 for a couple of months, for me to practise a bit.

I do plan to get a Digital Rebel XT (dp review here) later this year though.

So I've decided to put up some of my photography work for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure I'm afraid it might turn out to be)

I will post a few ones with more to come later if you (my dear very few blog readers) are interested.

So without further ado, Here goes......
(You can click on the images for larger sized versions)

Drawing in thin air
This is a very early shot I took while experimenting with long exposure shots in a dark room.



Stairway To Heaven
I took this one on our very own ITWorx rooftop.



The Nile by Night
And this one was taken from a street in zamalek where I love to just sit and enjoy the tranquility there


6 comments:

Nag said...

i luv the last one.. reminds me of the "weird" Zamalek street/garage we discovered...

Christian said...

It _is_ taken from that Zamalek street :)

Christian said...

Well, it's my mobile phone, with me waving it in the air trying to draw a heart shape. The picture is taken with slow shutter speed (5 seconds or so) and the room is kept very dark. That way the camera only captures the light and since the lens is open for 5 seconds, the final result is sorta of a juxtaposition of all the intermediate states of the light.

I like to keep photos 100% "natural", that is no digital processing or tricks at all.

I could post some more photos if you guys (and gals of course) like them.

MoonLightShadow said...

I like the three of them. Photography has been such a difficult thing for me. My dad is very good at it, he explained a lot for me, but no way, seems it's not my thing.

It will be nice if you post more of your photos.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you've got a talent there. I also loved all three of them. The ITWorx rooftop one is impressive :)

Christian said...

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I will surely post some more then.

moonlightshadow, you should try your hand at photography, see if you enjoy it. It's easier than ever now with digital cameras as you get to see your work instantly and sometimes even the chance to retake the shot making it better.
I learned through experimenting far more than I did through reading or listening to talks about the subject.