Monday, June 06, 2005

We're moving :(

So today I learn that my team at work is one of the teams chosen to move to the new building. That's not good news at all.

Let me explain. ITWorx needed more space till they finish adding 2 floors to our 3 floor building. So they rented 2 floors in some building in another part of Nasr City. They say it's a 10 minute drive from the main building in the free zone. I am yet to see it for myself.

The move should happen in 10 days. And while breaking the news to us our team leader told us we could make suggestions for things they could get us in the new building to make the transition easier. Because the main building we're in right now has a ping pong table, a gym, and a cafeteria. The newly rented space is being prepared at the moment and apparently has no enough space for a ping pong table, a gym, or a cafeteria.

So trying to make the best out of a bad situation. I added a PS2, a foosball table, and free soda to the list of requests. We'll see how the bean counters respond to these requests.

I'm very bummed about that move. Relatively very few people are moving so there will not be a lot of company in the new place. We've formed a very nice group the last few weeks and now I'm gonna be left out because I will always be away from the action. I was already sad about the prospect of me leaving in a couple of months for the US relocation, and to think this is happening during those last 2 months that I wanted to spend among everyone I've come to know in the past 3 years. grrrrrrrrr

And I'm gonna miss Nag so much :s

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! this is indeed a sad situation. sorry to hear it, my friend. so who else is moving? ask for an air hockey table. that always cheers me up :) (not that i'm asking you to ask for it in order to cheer me up...i'm just suggesting it in the hope that it's something that will cheer _you_ up). you can always take it as a chance to exercise as you walk to the original building to meet the gang for lunch, n'est ce pas?

Eman M said...

Ooooh, Hal waqa3 al ekhetyar 3alaykom? :'(

I am really sad about this :(
Lazm kol shweya tegolna ba2ah!

Ask for a lot of things to be there, it is your chance :)

Christian said...

karembu-
Yeah, it is sad. The air hockey table is a very good idea, will try and add that. Couldn't help but smile at the parentheses-ed phrase :)

About the walk, even though I do need the exercise. I'm doubtful that this is gonna be a chance for a walk. I am guessing it could be a 40 minute walk, so to go have lunch with the gang I'll need 40 + 30 (lunch) + 40 minutes in total.
Close to 2 hours and it'd be very hard to get that much time out of work :s. Not to mention the physical limitations of my body when exposed to the burning summer heat.

I'm just hoping I can get enough time then to drive to the main building and see the ppl.

Eman-
Yeah, we're all sad about it. Funny how things should change at the exact same time that all I was asking for is for things to stay the same for a couple of months.

Nag said...

i dont wanna talk about it....
on a lighter note, if you get air-hockey, i will come play :)

voicy said...

i am still in the shock of what's happening :D
I am leaving my team and moving to Core, we are leaving the building and moving to a new one, I am living home alone for the first time since 1998 and to wrap it all up i got an electric shock yesterday when i was trying to unplug some sahari light mum left in the bathroom, i pulled it from below but unfortunately it appeared to have no cover from that part, i found myself touching its internal cable, the lamp lit and i was its conductor for a few moments then we both fell :D Don't know yet how damaged i became but it wasn't a pleasant experience at all :P

Christian said...

yeah, you've got too much changing too fast too I guess.
But an electric shock is always bad, regardless of how much else you have on your hands :p
Thank God you're still alive ;)

voicy said...

yes Thank God
the thing that bugs me is i would have stayed there for weeks before anyone discover what has happened :D if they call and get no answer they will assume i am either at work or sleeping..
anyways thanx a lot Chris ;)