Tuesday, June 07, 2005

To Dreams And Dreamers

So today I receive my H1B visa stamp, effective on the 1st of October 2005.

It's a strange feeling.

At times I was told that I'm overly ambitious and that it's going to destroy me. I never saw it that way.
I could always "see" myself realizing my dreams. I never acknowledge an upper bound on them. I deeply believe I can be anything I want to be. I only have to want it bad enough. Even when I was/am seemingly desperate or depressed at times. Deep inside I know it would only be temporary. I could still see the picture. That's what keeps me going.

And I don't want to sound like I've done everything I wanted. I did not. The road is still very long ahead of me. I still have lots of unrealized dreams. But I know that one day they will be.

And I can wait.

It's usually only when you arrive that you realize how much you've enjoyed the trip, almost as much as the arrival at your destination.
And before embarking upon the next journey, I just have to reflect upon what's been done, take a deep breath, and make arrangements for it. That's the way I like to do it.

To dreams, and dreamers. May you all realize your dreams, and more importantly, enjoy the trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Chris. May you realize all your dreams and enjoy the journey too :) It's kind of a Paulo Coelho attitude, huh?

Christian said...

Weird you should say that, I'd never read anything for the guy even though I'd heard about him for some time now.
I'm actually very interested to do so soon.... Any Suggestions for what to start with? The Alchemist maybe?

Nag said...

lol i also told C he reminded me of PC! (not personal computer :))

i'll get him the Alc tom and maybe Devil and miss prym too :D
(the one K got me!)