Thursday, August 25, 2005

The trip to paradise - Part III (Photos)

Just came back home and it's 4am here, so I think it's very late to start writing a meaningful post.
So in keeping with my promise of daily posts about the Lithuania trip, I am posting some photos, basically scenery photos in this part to show how beautiful Lithuania is. If you thought Lithuania is boring then this post should help set the record straight.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, if that's true then I'm about to provide you with a few thousand words' worth post.

Click on any photo for a larger version and I will inline a few comments when appropriate.

Here we go.....


A beautiful beautiful place in Lithuania with lots of hills and greenery, a must see. (Rasa if you're reading perhaps you could remind me of the name of that one)



Another shot taken in the same place



My Lithuanian friend Justina (pronounced Yustina) with a horse we'd found on the same place



Country roads in Lithuania with greenery everywhere you look, a regular sight that I never got bored of during my 10 day stay.



Inside a church in Vilnius the capital city of Lithuania.



A small museum that shows how linen manufacturing evolved over the years and how it used to be done manually.


I came back with more than 1500 photos, taken by me and others, the ones I'd posted here were all taken by yours truly, there is a lot more to come so stay tuned.

See you next post.

P.S.
If you notice a small spot/stain on the bottom left or bottom right of the picture don't worry about your monitor, it's just that I dropped my camera once and since then all photos come up with this nasty spot. It seems some part of the lens was broken. Hopefully I get to fix it soon when I'm in the US.
On the other hand if you don't notice the spot then _you_ should worry. Consult your eye doctor asap ;)

4 comments:

Christian said...

Thank you, you think too highly of my photographic skills :)

It is indeed peaceful and tranquil, specially that I was staying in a small village for the most part of my visit. The city is another thing though. It's probably my mistake that I didn't post much pictures of other places in the city. The fact is I was too busy enjoying everything to even take pictures in the first place.
I will try to rectify that in a later post.

Anonymous said...

I've been there! Thanks for keeping all these memories life not only by your wonderful shots but with your so interesting story-telling style as well! I've been there with you but now i can see other stuff that i've been missed before! Waiting for the next part!

Anonymous said...

hello Christian,
yes, i agree you have a talent of photograpy.
the name of the place is Kernave. it is protected by UNESCO Word heritage and it was the first Lithuanian capital in the XIII century.
rasa

Christian said...

The beautiful Rasa honoured my blog again!
Thanks for the information! I seem to have some serious memory problems, it seems it's something you have to live with if you're in a computer career.

I'm really glad you check my blog out every now and then :)

Thanks for everything :)