Saturday, August 27, 2005

The trip to paradise - Part IV (More Photos)

Well, last post contained mostly greenery photos. That's partly because I was more fascinated with that than anything else and partly because most of my stay was in a small village (thankfully)

But that doesn't mean there are no cities or that they are not that interesting in Lithuania, so here I am posting some photos I took in both Vilnius (the capital city) and Panevėžys.

I promise a more verbal post next, hope you enjoy the photos....

Penevyzus Square
The square in Panevėžys where we used to set up our "tea room", details about the tea room to come in a future post.


Penevyzus Square
Another shot for the same square


Trakai Castle
A very nice castle in Trakai, a very touristic site in Lithuania



The Lithuanian president's house in Vilnius, do not try to compare with the Egyptian counterpart.



A very very interesting street in downtown Vilnius, full of nice small cafes and bars, all kinds of people, and even old churches, walking up and down the street and occasionally sitting in a cafe by the side was a very enjoyable experience.



Inside a huge mall in the city, everywhere inside you'd find live music and dancing shows, this is just one of them.

5 comments:

MoonLightShadow said...

Seems it was a wonderful, enriching experience.. you are getting me interested to know more and more about it. The photos are just amazing. Wonderful green sceneries. I liked the ideas of games and ice breakers, very creative.

May I ask how could someone join the euromed?

Christian said...

Indeed it was! A life-changing experience too if I dare say.
I will post more soon as I promised.
And about the way to join such projects, I will try to get more information and elaborate on that one in an upcoming post. I'd joined the projects through a friend so I will ask for more formal and accurate information about how one could join before I write about it.

Christian said...

Thanks ya Raghood for your continued interest. I really appreciate it! And I'm honored actually :)

I have so much stuff to write! I am just too busy with my relocation stuff because it's getting nearer, busier, and scarier everyday. I really apologize for the delay. I promise a post real soon.

Anonymous said...

CHRIS!!!I miss you and the others so much!!!Great pictures you have there.It was great to see the square again on picture.When are we going to meet again,all of us,in Panevecys square? :D

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! This is the island of MALTA calling!
I'm Rene`. It was a superb idea creating a website that can host some aspects of our experience and some pictures. It’s extremely pleasant to ‘revisit’, though in a cybernetic manner, Upyte and Panevezys, as if we had the opportunity again to pick up a marker and start once again our sketches in the square of the village. Volrath’s idea sounds good! It’s a must to reorganize a bit ourselves and have another encounter in Panevezys’ square!
See you.
Sahha.
Renè