Friday, May 05, 2006

140mph on the ground, 120mph in the air

The speed gods seemed to be ever so present last weekend for I broke a couple of my personal records.

I had organized another drive for Saturday, although on a smaller scaler. I wanted to go out to enjoy the weather, get a healthy dose of spirited driving, and pay more attention to shooting some photos. a bit more than the usual on such group drives that is, therefore a smaller number of people/cars was preferable. Specifically, we were 5 people in 3 cars. An 2001 Lemans blue M5, a Toledo blue z4 3.0, and a black E90 325i.

Being that small (and that crazy) of a group we decided on a 350 mile (around 560Kms) route that would take us to and fro the beautiful city of Yakima down south. That's record number one, the longest distance I have ever driven in a day.

We met at 8 am and little had I known that I'm gonna be in for such a weird adventure. 10 hours, 18 gallons of fuel, 350 miles, 50 degrees fahrenheit temperature change, and 250 photos later I was back in Redmond. With a new speed record of a little over 140mph (~230 Km/hr) under my belt for the fastest I have ever driven*. On the trip I saw waterfalls, snow, mountains, rivers, endless greenery, and got sunburnt in 90 degrees fahrenheit (~32c)
It is beautiful down here in the summer. I'm sure a few photos will say it better than I can do:







Hope you liked the photos, would have loved to ramble on some more and tell you about the other speed record. But blogiquette tells me this is long enough, so I promise this will be the next story. A demain :)

*Performed by a professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt. (:P)

1 comment:

Mohamed Moshrif said...

El makan shaklo gamed gedan :)

Walahy ento andal en ma7adesh 2ali :@