Monday, July 11, 2005

Site Seeing

Well, the project I was working on at ITWorx had been cancelled by the client a few days ago. Looking at the bright side, that has led to me having a lot less work on my hands. I will be working on documenting one year's work during the upcoming 7 weeks before I finally quit and get ready for relocation by end of september.

And since it looks like I'm heading slowly but surely to a bad mood, I don't feel like talking about anything related to myself, nor do I feel like thinking about stuff. So I will just share with you a couple of things I'd read in the past few days and found interesting or amusing.

A very interesting futuristic look on the future of copyrights and DRM simply called "The Right To Read". Make sure you don't miss the author's note at the end of the page.

Another man does something that he himself can't find a reason for, reciting pi from memory to 83,431 places, weirdly enough, he's not even a mathematician but a psychiatrist.

An interesting piece about Mars coming close to earth again on October this year. Helps you separate the truth from the hype that has been circulating the Internet about it for quite a while. I hope by October I would have acquired my own telescope and could go camping somewhere in a national park in Seattle and enjoy the view.

And the irony doesn't get much better than this where a man who rescued a swimmer from drowning is taken to jail for interfering with public duties.