Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Final Countdown - 1

Ok, now the next number in the title will be the absolute lack of quantity, this must mean that the number is getting real small.

Was quite a hectic day today, started with a visit to the bank, and then another one to the barber's, went back home for a quick shower and then out again to see some of friends for the what maybe the last time for a long time to come. Came back home and took family for a visit to my aunt, left them to see my friends from work in an outing, and then drove like crazy to catch my dentist at a time very close to midnight. Finished the dentist to go see friends from college and then finally back home.

The feeling is indescribable, the outing with the work people was very very special. I expected to see 8 or 10 people, I was amazed to find that close to 20 people came. Maybe even more. I was blown away by everyone's kindness and care to schedule some time in their very busy schedules just to come and say goodbye. They made me feel soooo precious. I was torn between the happiness and the love I feel for and from everyone around and the bitterness of the goodbyes. It was all so very overwhelming, never before have I experienced so many emotions simultaneously. *sigh*. I really don't know what to say.

And then the college friends I went out with starting 1 am. They all have jobs and busy schedules but they still set aside some time to see me at that very late hour just to say goodbye.

As if I needed any reminder, this is it. To remind me that I know some of the best human beings there ever were. The support, the care, and the love I felt from everyone around me is what keeps me composed and will probably keep me warm for so many nights to come when I just think about it.

To everyone I saw today, and even those who couldn't make it. I love you guys and gals. I can never ever forget about any one of you, and I will do my best to keep in touch with you. The relocation may change anything and everything about me. But it can never change the love and the place that you guys have earned in my heart.

I am forever indebted.

1 comment:

Mohamed Moshrif said...

It's days and I'll be in the same place doing the same stuff, it's nice to hear about all these before it actually starts with me.

Hope it'll be fine with me, and hope not to pass through all these feelings like you!