Thursday, September 22, 2005

Zero Hour

Heading to the airport in a matter of minutes, all packed and loaded.

The day was pretty packed too, I met so many people, and it was pretty amazing, I thought nothing would top yesterday but today did.

I saw Nagia, Duke, her highness (meyo), Nevine, Rania, Bassem, my aunt and her family, my best friends Amgad and Michael, Dina, my cousin, and even my dentist (for a report to take with me:))

Duke was so incredible he got me another model of another magnificent car, a Mercedes McLaren SLR in 1:18 scale, I was again speechless. Sherif and Meyo thank you so so so much.

Dina got me a book from Diwan, and one that I wanted to read too. Dina you're amazing.

Bassem gave me the sweetest souvenir for me to remember our Lithuania trip, it's very thoughtful of you ya Bassem, and I would never need a reminder for me to remember you and the days we spent together.

I will now have the toughest hour of my life saying goodbye to my family in the airport. And then out to discover a whole new world. I do need your prayers please.

I know I suck at goodbyes, so if anyone thought this maybe easy for me, it really is not. My eyes are almost dry although I try not to show the tears. I will miss each and every one of you and live with the hope that I will meet everyone again anywhere in the world. I will try my best not to lose touch with a single person, even if at times I seem too busy or too occupied (and I know it must sure happen), but it would be out of my hands and believe me, I will always come back.


Will write as soon as I can from either Amsterdam or Seattle and will post pics of everything I can see.

To everyone I know, I love you. I really really do.
God Bless.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you a lot for sure, but knowing that you are doing what you like and want; brings us joy and faith in a reunion.

Till we meet ya Zabaady :p

P.S.
I've been across this nice poem

A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.

Anonymous said...

We will miss you a lot for sure, but knowing that you are doing what you like and want; brings us joy and faith in a reunion.

Till we meet ya Zabaady :p

P.S.
I've been across this nice poem

A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.

Mohamed Moshrif said...

I hope to be with you soon guys, very soon as i hope, but as you know my visa is still pending without knowing any reason!!!

Any way I hope to get from you soon to know about every thing before being actually there :)

La Muchacha Maligna said...

I thought I'd find a post from Seattle by now, how long does it take to get there? Where are all those pics you promised;) and how was your flight? Have you been to Microsoft yet? Where are you staying? And how's the weather over there, is it as hot as over here, How much is the time difference again!!?

Mohamed Moshrif said...

The time difference is -8 GMT

Carol said...

Hey you, I know u'll b reading this when u're online, but i'm afraid i won't be home bt then so..., i just wanted to tell you how much i miss you, home is really really different and gloomy without you, i know u weren't home that often, but it's so different when i go to bed at night knowing you won't be home tonight! I hope u're doing so fine, and btw send me the full address u're staying in so i can write to you and send u photos and stuff, ok? u know i love the manual way;)Moaaah;)

Christian said...

That's the first time I get online from seattle, I don't have much time though so I'm not posting a full blog, hopefully will do that by tomorrow.

Thanks guys for your comments and support, they really really mean a lot to me.

The time here is GMT -7 (because of DST), Cairo is currently at GMT +3 so the difference is 10 hours total

The pics are all here on my camera, took lots of them and preparing to post them very soon isa.

I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Ya Chris 7amdella 3al salamtak... Hope u had a safe trip.. Missing you already..

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Yes, and please post everything after the meeting with your team members today (because I want you to post about them also ).

Mohamed Moshrif said...

I just want to mention that i met chris and helal minites ago, and they were very good and very happy with the new place, soon chris will publish photos about every thing, I hope to catch them soon :)

Hope every thing is going well with you guys :)