Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween At Microsoft

Well, one of the best things here at Microsoft is that (maybe contrary to common belief) it's never all work and no play.

Want proof? Let me introduce you to my manager:



No kidding, this is a photo of my manager, Vasili Zolotov, in his office working on Halloween day. I just took this a few minutes ago actually, you're getting this coverage in almost real-time :)

To those outside the US, October 31st marks halloween here. You surely have an idea about halloween seeing the movies and stuff. Today was my very first halloween in the US.

Microsoft had made preparations for employees to bring in their kids starting 3pm for some trick-or-treating here on campus. Our administrative assistant already had prepared signs for people who will be providing candies in their offices to hang on their doors while Microsoft catering provided guests with food and more candy stands on each floor.

All in all it was a very interesting experience. Definitely a very memorable Halloween.

Of course I had to forget the camera and keep on regretting it all day while I watch colleagues and cafeteria staff at lunch wearing all kinds of funny costumes, but by 3pm when the children started flowing and more costumes were on display I just had to get back home and bring my camera which I did.

So here you go some photos of what's happening right now as I write here at Microsoft's main campus in Redmond.
Happy Halloween!


Candies in front of offices waiting for little trick-or-treaters



The signs on the offices and the candy bowl. The funniest thing is that this hand in the middle of the candy bowl detects motion and slaps you on the hand when you're taking candy :D



Yet another sign for candy seekers



Little trick-or-treaters helping themselves to some candy.



Cute kids dressed in all kinds of costumes



Baby: Where is all the candy?



The ghastly candy stand on our floor



No, Bob Marley is still resting in peace, this is Roger Fleig, my manager's manager in the wig over there



Candy and food everywhere


P.S.
I apologize for the poor quality of some (or all) of the photos, the lighting was very faint and I had to do without a tripod.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW .. very nice celebration .. but where is ur Costume Chris ?
and tell me, after all the candies and steaks u had since u went there.. how heavey u became :D

enjoy ..

Anonymous said...

LOL, nice! I like the festive mood there :) So didn't u go trick or treating? :P
Glad u had a good time & happy halloween ya man :D

Christian said...

@Ali, I didn't get any costume this time, I've decided my first halloween should be "observation only" but maybe next year ;)
And No, I haven't gained any weight just yet, well at least I think so.

@Sarah, thanks for stopping by :)And I didn't go trick or treating no, I *think* I'm a bit too old for that :P

@Bassem, welcome back ya man :) I do have a pretty cool manager thankfully :)

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! Very cool celebrations :) Now I'm starting to regret I turned down Microsoft...nah...not really.