Monday, October 10, 2005

Sight Seeing in Seattle -Part II

So there goes some more photos continuing yesterday's post as promised.

And, I shot some photos of Microsoft today for you guys, long overdue I know. However, I'm gonna tease you guys a little and not provide those till tomorrow, it's just more Seattle photos for now :)

Actually some photos will be a surprise to the Egyptians amongst you.

And you can click on any photo for a larger version.

One aspect I really enjoy about downtown Seattle, street musicians. These guys play all sorts of music, sometimes even without instruments, and they usually are pretty good too!
Street Musician 3
Street musician


Street Musician 2
Another street musician


Street Musician 1
And another one


Buildings 4
Big city tall buildings


Buildings 3
And some more


Buildings 2
and then some more


Buildings 1
and.... I guess you know


Egyptian Shop
First suprise of the day
A shop selling all Egyptian goods, didn't get to go inside though as I was in the car, it still felt good :)


And the biggest surprise of them all, Diwan in Seattle, I will surely go back to check what this is, I'm very curious as it uses the exact same trademark and it even has the registered trademark sign.
Diwan
Diwan in Seattle


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Chris..Diwan in Seattle!! You have to visit it ASAP and blog the visit right away! I am dead curious to know,and no better man to do the description than our Chris here;)

Christian said...

I'll check it out isa :)
I just knew this would get you out of the shadows tiny :P

Anonymous said...

Nice shots.

I think hookah is gaining popularity fast in North America.

Watermelon is nice.

-UKD

Christian said...

Yeah but what exactly is hookah!?
In Egypt Diwan is a bookstore :D

Anonymous said...

Hookah is flavored tobacco ;)

Christian said...

wow, in a water pipe?
We call it shisha in Egypt! I brought 2 and so many packets of tobacco with me. Wow I have to go to this place then :))

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think we call the actual tobacco "shisha", and whole package is "hookah".

My Turkish friend hooked me up with some. It's light and pleasant :)

-UKD

Anonymous said...

shisha kicks some ass!!!!!... anyways... it looks like your having alot of fun in seattle v0od0o... pay finalgear a visit when you have time... and besure to update properly the day you collect your z4 :D