Monday, October 17, 2005

Inside Microsoft Photos

It's been an exhausting but really nice weekend. It's coming to an end now that it's Monday 1 am. I'm dead tired and sleepy right now and will have to wake up again in 3 hours to drive a friend to the airport for his flight to Egypt, so I'll most probably skip on the narration this time and maybe tell you all about it sometime later.

For now I thought I'd give you some photos that I'd promised long ago and didn't deliver (till now that is). Photos of how Microsoft looks like. Of course not all of Microsoft, most of these photos were taken in building 35 (which is where my office happens to be, along with the rest of people working on SQL Server), and the building 34 cafeteria which is the closest cafeteria to my office.

So there goes the photos, I'll try to throw in some explanation too.


View From Window
The building has many glass wall, and this is how it looks like outside one of them



One of the many many alleys inside any given building at Microsoft, this specific one is in my building, building 35.



Now you know why I still get lost inside my building


Kitchen
One side of the kitchen, there is one of these on every floor in every building, yes all drinks are free, and there is even popcorn too :)



A sort of a lounge area, you can just relax here or use your laptop and the corporate wifi inside all buildings to work.


Glass chess
That's what is on the table in the previous photo, a glass chess.


Foosball
Foosball tables, lots of those lying around in every building, and they're pretty popular too, I'd seen some very intense games and I must admit, I never thought there could be that much skill involved in that game.



And of course, how could I work for a company that doesn't have a ping pong table ;) (an ITWorx joke if you will)


Outside
And that's the building on the outside, well a part of it.


Outdooes
Lots of parts around the campus are just like this one, thankfully :)



A section of the nearest cafeteria, yes a section, to get an idea of how big it is I have to tell you that the maximum occupancy for this one is 900 people. It's one of many cafeterias scattered around the campus. Lovely food too.


And never say that MS people are not fun. Those 2 photos are just samples of what people hang on the doors and windows of their offices :)

Beating continues


Forget c++

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo zabady,
Hope you had a nice weekend. Nice images really and good that u found a ping pong table. Yalla show'em the real champ :)

Ta Ta
Hazim

The Duke of Darkness said...

The Supreme Irony of Life: Driving a Roadster where it rains 11 months a year:)))))))))))

But it's a Babe man, Congrats:))))

Am glad to see you setteling in quickly & enjoying your experience:)

The Duke of Darkness

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Nice pics, I've some pics too on:

www.programmingplanet.net/ms/

But it doesn't contains a single photo foor building 35 (except that from satellite) and also most of the photos inside it are old

Anonymous said...

It looks like there's a lot of wealth flowing through that building.

Interesting Pics.

How are you holding up?

- UKD

Eman M said...

Eih el wahm dah :)
Great photos
W ba3den shoft?
3arfeen enk bte7b el Ping Pong, f 3amleen 7esabhom :P

Anonymous said...

I guess backgammon will start to find its way into building 35 as well :P

KaDrIaNoZ

Anonymous said...

these free pepsi is amaaaaaziiiiiinggggg
i want to work @ microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very nice pics really :)
enjoy ur time ba2a :)

Christian said...

@Duke, thanks man! Was really wondering when you're gonna show up, look for you online to tell you about her a lot but never found you. Time difference makes life harder than it should be.

@UKD yeah well, I'm glad they keep it that way. It's a really pleasant environment for work. You never wake up saying "oh no, another work day, not again"

@Eman Thanks! I will try to be a good representative of the worx pingpong skill set :)

@Kadrianoz, hehehe I will try to bring that too :D Good idea actually.

@Karim hehe I knew you'd love the free drinks thing. You have to pay for food though. More about how you do that later :)
And you're in luck, MS will be recruiting in Egypt next december, I am forwarding the email to you in case you wanted to apply, which I greatly recommend :)

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Yes, and they're searching to fill positions in SQL Server again

Christian said...

Nothing mentioned about SQL Server, MS are planning to recruit from Egypt all year round now for various positions in various teams.

Thanks, I really needed you to confirm the email I got from HR here :p

Mohamed Moshrif said...

I did that because I asked holly about this and she told me that yes, the positions are for SQL Server team, I dont know whether there're another teams or not, but I heard from Shabar too that C++ team needs to hire some people and he asked me to provide him with some

Christian said...

Eshta :)

Anonymous said...

v0ov0o... foosball is a very fun sport, I play in competition and yes, there is ALOT of skill involved... it took me about 4months of practicing everyday to start playing well :D... and glad you're having fun and microsoft seems to be treating you well... have fun :D

Anonymous said...

Ya Salaaaaam ya Chris :@
why u r not answerin my comments !
mashy !
do u have a mobile number ?
post it if u want to ..

Christian said...

fein bas the comments i'm not answering dy? (a)
I don't have a mobile number yet, as I need to have identification first before I can get my line, so I'm waiting till I get my state driver's license :s

Anonymous said...

Ah! just to let you know guys..... Chris didn't wake up that day to drive his friend to the airport hehe:P
hi chris:) just thought i would tease u a little;)
miss u
just a bit
Carol

Christian said...

Which goes to show how dedicated I am to my blog readers, all the five or six of them ;)

MoonLightShadow said...

Congratulations for the new car (I really adore BMW). Wish you will enjoy your life there with Microsoft team :)

Wish you best of luck.

voicy said...

Dear chris,

congratulations on the car, job, everything
sorry i haven't said that before as i was busy with my new job at vodafone..
anyways wish u the best at microsoft and i hope i would be able to join it too by 2010 :)
ahmad